The following steps can be pretty helpful in maintaining a drainage system at your home.
- Annually inspect the sewage tank and drain field. If you suspect a problem, have it inspected.
- Half to two-thirds filled is ideal. The pump will dry up if the level drops too low.
- Depending on tank size and usage, the septic tank should be pumped every three to five years.
- Every few years, have an expert inspect the drain field.
- More water in the septic system means more effort. Low-flow toilets and showerheads reduce water use.
- Anything else flushed will damage the septic system.
- Deep-rooted trees and shrubs can damage septic tanks and drain fields. Plant them 10 feet away.
- Vehicle weight can compact and harm the soil.
If you face any draining, it is always convenient to hire a drainage expert at Easefix.